The Lakeside Hospital Dedicated in Severance Hall, City of Cleveland, June 17, 1931

By: N/A

Price: $40.00

Quantity: 1 available


An extraordinary ephemera item published for the dedication of the newly built Lakeside Hospital which replaced the old one on the shore of Lake Erie to become the central unit of University Hospitals Medical Center where it was joined by Hanna House, the nurses' dormitories, the power plant and a new Rainbow Hospital. Booklet is oversized at 9"x11-1/2" and shows a strong black and white architectural detail inset on cover. Most of booklet is comprised of full-page black and white photographs which show an aerial view marking the various surrounding structures, the facade from several angles, the transfer of the first patient from the old hospital to the new, the entrance lobby, a corner view of the Public Ward, the Public Ward solarium, a private room, the solarium of the private ward, the teaching ampitheatre, an entrance hall to the dispensary, the living room of the nurses' dorms, the living room of the Doctors' Home, the library and more. Lists Board of Directors and offers a 60 year overview of the hospital's history. Very hard to find. Clean with toning to edges of cover and one small tiny mark to front right above graphic only faults.

Title: The Lakeside Hospital Dedicated in Severance Hall, City of Cleveland, June 17, 1931

Author Name:

Categories: Ohioana, Ephemera, Medical: General,

Publisher: Cleveland, Ohio, The Lakeside Hospital: 1931

Binding: Soft Cover

Book Condition: Very Good

Size: 4to - over 9¾" - 12" tall

Seller ID: 20872

Keywords: Lakeside Hospital. Cleveland, Ohio History. Ephemera